Tuesday 17 December 2013

Soup, cold and snow.

It is cold here!!!!!  So, I made a really good soup yesterday for supper.  I found a recipe here and tried it out.  I didn't have coconut milk so I made some (really easy btw, pour boiling water over dry coconut, blend and strain).  I also didn't have Garam Masala, so I made some (recipe here).  Veg broth isn't something I usually have in the house either.  I used chicken (homemade) and you can't tell.  I am not a vegetarian :) so I didn't think it would matter.  I also used lentils as I don't normally have split peas on hand.  Quite often I have found that Dahl is made with lentils.  It warmed things up nicely here.  W wasn't home so I felt safe trying a new recipe.  I might try it again when he is sometime.  I also shoveled a lot of snow yesterday.  Someone is supposed to be coming this afternoon to look at my wood cookstove.  I have it for sale again as it won't fit in the kitchen when the new cupboards go in.  I did like it for the most part.  It just had to be fed every 30 min or so, the firebox was too small.  I baked in it several times, bread, cookies, cooked on it multiple times.  Sometime when I have a kitchen large enough I want another one.  :)

Have a good, cold day all.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...that looks yummy! Unfortunately, my man does not like lentils at all. He does like split pea soup, but just plain (no vegetables...just split peas, water, and salt, like the canned stuff.). I have an awesome recipe for lentils that I don't get to make anymore because S doesn't like them: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Lentils-with-Cheese-2/ . It is great served over rice.

    ReplyDelete