Tuesday 26 February 2013

Dump Cake

  So, today I got a kindle recipe book for Dump Cakes.  Never having made a dump cake I wasn't quite sure what they were.  I made one that looked good, Rich Pumpkin Dump Cake.  It wasn't anything like a cake.  It turned out like an upside down pumpkin pie with a crumbly cookie crust.  The taste was good.  The pumpkin layer was creamy and good but there was too much crumbly crust.  If I make it again I'll only use half the cake mix called for.  I didn't have any cake mix in the house either so I found a recipe online for  cake mix.  I'll have to try it for making cake sometime, too.
  For supper I made some bbq chicken and cheese crescents.  We saw an advertisement on tv that showed them and Wes said that they looked good.  I never buy Pillsbury crescents, but for this recipe I did.  I filled the crescents with about 4 times as much chicken and cheese as it called for because I was serving them for supper instead of a snack.  They were really good tasting.  Next time I should make them with homemade croissant dough.  There was just one left for a snack for in Wes' lunch tomorrow.  I would have taken pictures but.... I couldn't find the camera.  :)
  Tomorrow is the EDA of baby A.  I'm looking forward to meeting him or her.  I'm feeling very pregnant.  Today was a very tired day.  This morning after breakfast I read Elizabeth and Lincoln a couple of stories and then I fell asleep.  Fortunately they didn't get into too much trouble.  I woke up when they were throwing books down the stairs.  :(  Other than that, today wasn't overly interesting.
  Have a good day.  Wendy

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your baby's out, now. Though I don't think that you'll be *less* tired for a while.

    ReplyDelete